Followers

Saturday 14 June 2014

Namma Veetu Sappadu


From my home to yours !!!

There is such a wonderful community feel about the food you receive from the relatively newly opened "food takeaway restaurant" Namma Veetu Sappadu,that its hard to forget even after so many days.


Part of  Chennai Food Guide showcase,we were invited to sample a complete sea food meal.The online take away restaurant has many dishes to offer.A combo meal veg/non veg options- innumerable.But just to give you a bit of info on the food we received that day-hearty,warming and oh so delicious.We were offered an entire sea food platter,starting with a tantalising whole fish head curry,a pretty large head which I got to share with a friend who loves this as much as I do.I always feel that the head and the tail of any fish holds the maximum flavour...well its my personal choice but I know a few who balk at the idea.

Since it was a total viral fish display,we had it fried as well,good flavouring of Indian spices and fried to perfection,what I mean is that it wasn't over fried at all,but just right.


We had a masala fried prawns along with a prawn cutlet which was sneakily stuffed into a,what I presume is a fish patty.Both delicious and full of flavours. The prawns I personally felt could have been less cooked,as it tends to get hard with prolonged cooking.

Well I must mention that the food was delicious,full of flavours and gives you the feeling of home cooked food sans the `restauranty`flavour.I was so glad to have dishes that were not over burdened with spices,ever so often when its south Indian specialties,I find restaurants go overboard with their spices and liberally dose with a smacking of chillie and oil.You wont find that here..the food seemed like it was being cooked by a responsible chef who cared enough to make the food seem like it was cooked for the family.
Did I forget to mention the podimas or the smashed fish fry,this one was one of my favourites. Extremely tasty and a must try for all sea food lovers !!
My overall experince with Namma Vettu Sappadu was that the food was prepared with a lot of care and thought,delicious (yes I know i`ve used this word pretty often) and fresh as can be.I was told that the freshness is one of their key aspects as they prepare dishes only after the orders are placed.
It takes a lot of hard work and patience to prepare this kind of food,I wish NVM the best and hope they keep up with their quality.

Check out their page :https://www.facebook.com/nammaveetusaapadu



No comments:

Post a Comment